Winter Trend: Colored Tights
This season, colored tights are all the rage. Stores are carrying everything from mustard yellows to hot pinks and forest greens. But how do you use this fun trend in the office? We’ve got a few handy tips for you.
1. Stick to muted colors. Deep plums, olive greens, and navies are all perfect shades to wear to work.
2. Make sure your outfit matches. Pair a plum-colored top with plum tights or an olive cardigan with olive green tights – don’t go crazy with the color blocking at work. Neutrals are also a good go-to.
3. Wearing a black pencil skirt and black pumps with your muted tights is always a safe bet, except perhaps with navy tights. Navy goes well with light gray.
4. This tip applies to all tights: never, ever wear ripped tights to the office. Even if the hole is barely noticeable or your skirt will cover it, be warned that the hole could expand with the slightest touch.
5. Whenever you wear tights to work, carry clear nail polish in your bag. It’s perfect for quickly patching up a snag and preventing a complete tights meltdown.
Stick to these tips and you’ll be ready to rock this office-friendly trend.