Looking for a healthy and refreshing way to cool down this summer? Skip the ice cream and go for some tea instead. We’re pretty sure it’s the real-life version of the fountain of youth. Looking for clearer skin? Drink white tea! Need a little afternoon pick me up that isn’t as harsh on your body as coffee? Try black tea. And if you want a refreshing summer beverage with all the healthy goodness of tea, try making this Jasmine Strawberry Iced Tea.
Ingredients and supplies:
- 6 full-leaf pyramid bags of Jasmine Silver Needle tea
- 2 cups whole frozen strawberries
- 48 oz. water
- [optional] 1/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- large pitcher
- long-stemmed spoon
- Fill pitcher with 48oz of boiling water. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add 6 full-leaf pyramid bags of Jasmine Silver Needle tea and let steep for 5 minutes. Periodically stir tea throughout this time to ensure proper steep.
- Blend your frozen strawberries in food processer or blender until strawberries are smooth / pureed.
- Mix tea, strawberry puree, desired amount of sugar into large serving bowl. Add ice to chill.
- Drink up!
So what are the health benefits of this tea?
Jasmine has a light and delicate floral taste that’s very soothing. A little stressed? This natural remedy will do the trick. White tea is packed with antioxidants and is great for your skin. It’s hydrating and is the perfect remedy for dryness during the summer. Strawberries are naturally sweet and the perfect complement to any summer beverage. They are also high in vitamin C, which is great for your immune system.